Wednesday 8 September 2010

Happy New Year!

No, I'm not three months early but rather celebrating the new school year. Hubby has just left, kids in tow, and a great silence has descended over my house for the first time in six long weeks.

I'm going to take a while to bask in the quiet, then get to work.

My word count goal for September is 30K, of which I have about 2 so far. I desperately need to rack that up to something decent and here's how it's shaking down:

To Recover the Satellites - I've reached the First Encounter scene between Corin and Ella. This is tricky, because there are issues that need covering but I also have to remember that he's just come round after nearly dying and is still very ill. I need to get this scene down and out of betas, then I can move on.

Maps and Legends - I have 50K of brain vomit written during NaNo '08 to sift through. Some can be saved with a good edit, some is shite and needs dumping as such. I also have half an outline that needs clarifying. M&L is an erotic fantasy that has three volumes of roughly 50K a piece. I'd like to get volume one is some semblence of order before November, as I'm now planning on writing volume two for this year's NaNo.

And I may have submissions to deal with, depending on whether Spectra pick up To Reach the Dawn or not.

So that's September accounted for, then.

2 comments:

  1. Someone else who starts the year with school-starts. I thought I was the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Something the kiddo-less don't think about. Quiet, blissful quiet. :)

    Happy writing and best wishes knocking out that other 28K this month. Hey, it's only a little over 1K a day, right?

    Love your titles, BTW.

    ReplyDelete