Since kicking off my Write-a-Thon on Sunday I've managed to write 3,259 words, which I'm sure you'll agree isn't too shabby. It's certainly topping my goal of 500 words a day.
I'm glad of this buffer though - one thing I need to do (now that Corin had taken over) is to reflect the changes made by adding two scenes across the board. So far that's only been minor edits, but for the next scene - the opener of chapter 3 - there are more major edits to be made.
Now before anyone moans at me for editing before I've finished the first draft, let me say this - I have to make these changes now, because the entire tone of the novel has changed. Also I don't read through the whole thing before I start writing for the day - so if I leave the "errors" in they'll end up repeated, which will make editing post first draft a harder task.
Editing as I go is a good thing - I'm managing to keep forward momentum while tightening up the prose. My characters are becoming more defined, their personalities are starting to emerge.
Yes, I'll need to edit once it's written and tighten things up further, but the bulk of the work will [hopefully] be done.