Wednesday 6 January 2010

Writing Survey

Swiped from Lori

What makes a good book to you? Story? Characters? Exotic locations?

For me, it's all about the characters. I need believable characters that I can care for, who intrigue and make me want to learn more. Then there needs to be friction, or some kind of conflict, that challenges the characters and creates drama.

What's your favorite pizza toppings?

Chicken and bacon.

What's the worst thing you've ever done to one of your characters?

Seperated them for eleven years from their One True Love. Oh, wait a minute, that wasn't my character; he was... borrowed. In that case, I think killing off Marianne's mother at the end of A Thousand Words is pretty awful.

Which of your books contains the sexiest love scene?

A Thousand Words.

Which of your covers is your favorite?

Ask me again when I have something published.

Which of your books was the easiest to write? The hardest?

Easiest so far has been A Thousand Words. The hardest is definitely To Recover the Satellites, for very personal reasons.

What is coming in 2010 from you?

Well, I'm going to try and get published. I've got a short story on the go that will be subbed by the 15th, and another in the planning stages. Then there's the novels...

Where can readers find you on the web?

Aside from this blog, I have a website and I'm also on Twitter.

If you could meet any character from any book, who would it be, what would you do and why?

I... have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment