Friday 22 January 2010

Dear L

This is a thank you to the person who unwittingly has had the most profound effect on my life. I know you have no idea, as I know that you would modestly claim otherwise, but quite simply I would not be the writer I am today without your influence.

I know that because had it not been for what you inspired, I would never have started sharing my work. I would never have found a group of people that read and enjoyed my writing, and gained vital confidence. I just wouldn't. It's highly possible I would not even be writing.

No matter how far down the path I go, I will never forget who first set me on it, will always be incredibly thankful. I just wish I'd had the nerve to tell you this face to face.

Thank you L for unshackling my imagination ;)




Written for Josie's Writing Workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment