Friday 4 December 2009

So this is where the waiting starts

Checking my Yahoo inbox as I do periodically throughout any one day, I found an email from Keith RA DeCandido, requesting a sample of my writing.

I stared. I made a small squeaky noise. I clapped one hand over my mouth and made more squeaky noises. Then I flailed a little as I tried to figure out what to send.

Okay, so the last time we talked about this I pulled out The Art of War. I rewrote it and ran it past a beta. Several times over the course of about three days. TAoW is now very shiny. It's also not what I sent. After reading Keith's Brotherly Love, I decided that TAoW resembled it - accidentally, I might add - rather too closely and sent Lost Children; a coda to the episode Green Eyed Monster.

I sent a follow-up email, making sure the attachment had worked and that he'd been able to open the document (since I have an old verios of Word). It did and he had.

He'll be reading it to see if I'm as good as I think I am. If so, he'll pimp me to BOOM! I have no idea how long that process will take, so this is where the waiting starts

No comments:

Post a Comment