Friday 13 November 2009

Meh, I can’t believe it’s a week from the convention already. Where the hell did that go? *sighs* Although I’ve not hit a depressive trough, the fact that my meeting Lani is history does give me something of a sad. I think what gets me more is knowing the memories will fade. Stupid brain.

In other news… I’ve been trying to write, and failing. I’m 10K behind with NaNo, the SciFiBigBang fic is all but non-existant, and my attempt to make a start on the next ScapeCast article ended with me watching Mind the Baby (fun, but hardly productive).

I know I’m still exhausted from the con and that I have a bad cold, so I’m trying to cut myself a little slack, but I am feeling rather overwhelmed. I’m wondering whether to call time on NaNo and ease the pressure. On the other hand, I badly want to get TRtS out of my head and down on paper.

I need to plot it out. I need to know what happens beyond the first scenes. The NaNo pep talk was about the middle of the story, about how it’s often unknown territory and yes, that’s exactly how it is for me. So I’m skirting around it and avoiding stepping out.

The only problem with that is that if I don’t venture into the unknown, I ain’t ever going to reach the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment